Sunday, June 12, 2016

Summer 2016 and Beyond



Last summer I fell in love with the words of the song Brother by Needtobreathe. It talks about how we all need people to come alongside us and help—lifting us up when they’re struggling and keeping us accountable in times of trail. That’s what Christian community is for. We’re in this together as brothers and sisters in Christ. I haven’t always been good at asking for and accepting that community. Like many of us, I felt like it was safer that way, but I was wrong.

Those of you who have been paying attention to my travels the last few years know that I have a passion for camping ministry. I fell in love with it as a middle schooler, and it has never left me. Two years ago, I decided that this is what I want to do with my life. I have been pursuing internships and training opportunities to equip me for this task, spending time at three different camps along the way.

One program I have wanted to be a part of for more than two years is a 14-month internship by Grace Adventures called PACE—Professional Apprenticeship Camping Experience. Many conversations and two years of college later, I am finally accepted. The program is fourteen months of immersion camping training. I will be working with all of the non-sponsored guest groups, performing hosting, programming, and facilitating services to many different types of groups.

Before I start PACE in September, I will be on the Adventure Staff at Grace Adventures for the summer, working various activity areas and all around supporting the counselors and leadership staff. I am excited for both of these opportunities and what God is going to do in and through me as I serve Him and those He puts in my path.

As I start this new adventure, will you pray with and for me? I want to work my hardest for the glory of God, but--like I’m sure you all know--that is sometimes easier said than done. I want to learn as much as I can while I am in this position with this wonderful, talented group of camp staff. I want to pour into and disciple those God puts in my circle. Will you pray that God will use me and give me grace to do these things? Will you also consider supporting me financially? Grace Adventures guarantees my salary, but if you send money this summer on my behalf, that is more money Grace can use for kids to come to camp on scholarship.

No comments:

Post a Comment